Join our team!
Laborer-Leaching in Morenci, Az
Southwest Irrigation, LLC is currently seeking qualified individuals for their position of Laborer – Leaching. Successful candidates will have the ability to work outdoors on uneven terrain, in all seasons. This is not seasonal work. Our company puts a very high standard on safety, and has a zero tolerance for drugs.
This entry-level position supports operations in the installation and maintenance of the leaching lines. Employees work in environments where the primary objective is safe production. There are many work activities taking place at one time and work tasks change many times during a work shift.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of leaching lines
- Operation of processing/mobile equipment
- Material lifting/handling loading
- Operation of hand power tools
- Equipment inspection and maintenance
- Other tasks as assigned
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- High School Diploma or GED
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel-toes boots, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toed boots, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment.
- Employee will be required to work in environments where there is heat, cold, noise and dust while using appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Work occurs outside in multiple locations, on rocky and uneven terrain.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, and demonstrate manual dexterity.
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on uneven surfaces.
- May be required to work 12 hour shifts 7 days a week. Operation runs 365 days per year.
- Southwest Irrigation, LLC promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by state laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer-All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We e-verify all employees.