Heap Leach Mining Systems
The mined ore is usually crushed into small chunks and heaped on an impermeable plastic and/or clay lined leach pad where it can be irrigated with a leach solution to dissolve the valuable metals. While sprinklers are occasionally used for irrigation, more often operations use drip irrigation to minimize evaporation, provide more uniform distribution of the leach solution, and avoid damaging the exposed mineral. The solution then percolates through the heap and leaches both the target and other minerals.
Heap Leach Mining Systems
This process, called the “leach cycle,” generally takes from one or two months for simple oxide ores (e.g., most gold ores) to two years (for nickel laterite ores). The leach solution containing the dissolved minerals is then collected, treated in a process plant to recover the target mineral and in some cases precipitate other minerals, and then recycled to the heap after reagent levels are adjusted. Ultimate recovery of the target mineral can range from 30% of contained (run-of-mine dump leaching sulfide copper ores) to over 90% for the easiest to leach ores (some oxide gold ores).
Pipe / Fittings
- HDPE Pipe and HDPE fittings
- CertainTeed Certa-Lok Fittings
- PVC Pipe and Fittings – All Sizes and Configurations
- HDPE Transitions – 4″ Threaded x Plain ends & Threaded x Grooved end
- Molded and Fabricated Fittings – 90’s, 45’s, Tee’s, Cross’s, Reducers, Branch Saddles, Custom Fittings, etc.
Drip Line, Heap Leaching Products, Layflat Hose (3/4″ through 16″), and Drip Fittings
- Ball Valves
- Butterfly valves
- Check Valves
- Pressure Reducing Valves (PRV’s)
- Pressure Regulating Valves
- Pressure Sustaining Valves (Nylon, PVC, Epoxy-Coated Iron & Stainless Steel Treaded, Slip, Grooved & Flanged, 2-way & 3 way operation)
- Manual (lever and gear operated) Electric (AC 7DC) & hydraulic (NO & NC Operators)
- Manual and Automatic
- Y-type Circulating Screen Filters
- Tornado Filter from Morrill
- Typhoon Filters from Morrill
- Media Filters
- Air and Vacuum Relief
We carry a wide variety of Flow meters.
- Differential Pressure
- AC and DC Powered
- 3/4″ – 120″ Sizing Depending on type
- Broad selection of registers
- Wobblers and Mini Wobblers
- Super Spray for Evaporation
- Impact Sprinklers – 30 series, 40 series, 50 series, Part circle, 80 series
- Pressure Regulators – PRMP-PRL-Low Flow-PMR MF-PR HF
- Components – Custom Made Risers
Checkers Safety Equipment:
- Wheel Chocks
- Strobe Lights
- ID lights
- Custom Pre-Drilled and Tapped
- Reel Machine
- Grinch Winch – We provide the Grinch Winch parts and service sales and build and design custom trailers.
- 4″ HDPE Transitions (Threaded x Plain End & Threaded x Grooved End)
- 2″ HDPE Transitions
- Yelomine Fittings
We sell McElroy fusion machine parts and services.
Mining Fabrication Team
Left to right: Jesus Moran, Kyle Lincoln (owner), Brandon Wilson, and Mark Rupert.
Office Support Team
Left to right: Stacie Lincoln (owner), Laurie Cobb, Kirsta Regalado, Kayla Wilson, DeAnn Rupert, Jaime Cobeen
Mining Sales Experts
Left to right: Rich Regalado, Kyle Lincoln (owner) and Frank Duran.